If you’ve ever burned something, you must be aware that the pungent odor of smoke can spread throughout your home in no time. Smoke residue can cause substantial damage to your home, and it doesn’t go away on its own.
Act fast when your property is damaged by smoke with professional fire damage restoration for your Walker home. Often, without swift intervention, the situation can worsen. The temperature and type of fire will determine the extent of damage, which requires several considerations:
- Synthetic fibers and porous items may need immediate treatment.
- Damaged components, such as walls and flooring, should be addressed within days of the beginning of the recovery work.
- Delays and waiting makes the situation worse.
- Prolonged damage claim approval can cause structural elements and fixtures irreparable harm.
Our Professionals Removing Smoke Odors
Eliminating the last traces of stubborn odors can be a challenging task. While baking soda is a temporary solution, there may need to be more. It’s best to seek professional assistance to get the job done effectively. Here are some tried-and-tested methods for doing away with even the most persistent smells:
- Air Scrubbing: Our technician will use HEPA air scrubbers that can remove 99.97% of particulates from the air to improve air quality by eliminating the source materials for odors.
- Thermal Fogging: To neutralize odors in a space, we use a petroleum-based deodorizer from a thermal fogging unit. Technicians will put out any flames before fogging. The process involves filling the affected space with a mist-like deodorizer, which uses fragrance modification for permanent odor neutralization.
- Vapor Modification: This method uses a non-toxic, non-oily, non-flammable, and non-explosive mineral oil that is vaporized from a sealed plastic container, dispersed into the air by a fan or blower, and penetrates affected porous contents like upholstery and drapery for smoke smell removal.
- Ozone Generator: It releases additional oxygen to oxidize the odorous molecules. Trained technicians should only turn it on or off briefly. Ozone works best in a controlled environment like an ozone chamber. Odorous contents can be treated with ozone gas for 24 to 48 hours.
Lighthouse to the RescueCall Lighthouse Disaster Services at (225) 369-5228 for professional smoke damage cleanup. We have the training, equipment, and experience to remove cigarette smoke and stubborn smoke odor after a fire. Contact us 24/7 for efficient and successful smoke damage restoration services.